Monday 31 March 2014

A Moral Dilemma





Madison Cook


192 Dartmouth Place


 Penticton, B.C.


V2A 7S4


 March 31, 2011





Inspector Clouseau


Chief of Police


123 Rue Justice


Paris, France


1A2 R3T


 


Dear Inspector Clouseau:


      To save an innocent life or to save a priceless portrait this was a decision hardly difficult to make. The reason I chose to save 92 year old Ada Artlover was because alike her I have a family and if anything would happen to them it would be devastating. When the smoke started filling the gallery room I knew how Adas' family would feel if they lost her so I wasn't going to be the reason she passed away. I couldn't live with myself knowing that I just let someone with a family and a home suffer a horrible death. Maybe it was selfish to those who would have chosen differently but never will I second guess or regret my decision.


     I do know that I have destroyed the priceless Mona Lisa and I am sorry but it's not like she's gone forever. The painting was just an inanimate object that attracted people to a museum. Fortunately the Internet has exploded allowing so many pictures of the Mona Lisa to pop up so she's not that hard to find. On the other hand Ada Artlover is a not going to show up everywhere and how am I suppose to let someone go who is irreplaceable.


   Every day the human race is faced with a tragedy and not only the humane thing to do is to help but it's  also the right thing. Today I saved a life for no reward or because I was forced to I did it because it was the right thing to do. Inspector Clouseau I hope you see this as a great decision on my behalf and do not regret it just as I do.


Sincerely,


Madison Cook


Madison Cook


 


No comments:

Post a Comment